Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Well that was embarrassing...

I just tried to go running in god knows how long. It was a short run. My legs aren't sore, but not even fifteen minutes in and there is still not enough oxygen in the world to keep me alive. I don't know if it's because I'd been sick the past few days or what, but it's evident that my lungs need some work. So glad I didn't try to go running at the gym, because I'd be ashamed. And I can't stop coughing now. Blegh.

My iPod also died mid run, and I can't find my charger cable. I am distressed. Also I may have already misplaced my key in my own apartment. So much for waking up and trying to make myself a better person. I thought it was a sign that I was up wide awake at 7:30 AM. NOPE. Might just be those pesky R.E.M. cycles or whatever.

I really am disappointed in how out of shape I've gotten. I was never really in shape to begin with, but I could run for at least an hour. I guess I should play GTA V to drown my sorrows. Or work on modeling stuff. I'm currently making a diesel-punk style aquarium (thanks Matt for the idea!) Basically the engine would run the pump-filter system for the fish, yada yada. We have two weeks to work on the project so hopefully I can make it look pretty good in that time slot, as well as work on the other 3D assignment we have, and work on whatever we decide to do with Capstone.

I really enjoy my 3D modeling class. Working on 3D is such a different experience. Coupled with my first 3D studio class (Ceramics), it's made it a pretty fun quarter. It's very convenient to be working 90% with 3D art. But damn, Maya is intimidating. There are so many tools you just kind of sit there with your jaw hanging open, like 'now what?'

Anyways, I find that these personal blog entries are less exciting than ones that I rant about a specific topic. But at least I got it off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment