Thursday, October 10, 2013

We are vagabonds; we travel without seat belts on. We live this close to death

Hooray for obnoxiously long post titles that are lovely lyrics.

So trying to go to bed, my thoughts have dragged me through the emotions of anger, despair, sadness, and joy, all in about 45 minutes. I figured I should try to blog but I don't really want to talk about anything right now. So here's a silly thing that happened in class on Tuesday.

My professor is super adamant about not having cell phones in class. About an hour in, his phone goes off, and he begins to profusely apologize. Seeing it's (guessing) his wife, he answers it and this is how it goes:

"I'm in class. *pause* This better be important otherwise this is really horrible. *pause* Is the house on fire? *pause, then hangs up*

*Looks up at the class* "I think that was my 2 year old"

I don't know. It sounds stupid now in writing but it made me giggle in class.

Tomorrow I'm doing drunk kitchen with some cool kids. We're doing Grandma's sweet potato soup and also a green bean casserole. I'm excited. And hungry.

Stay foolish, kids.

-Peener

No comments:

Post a Comment