Saturday, October 19, 2013

Am I Just Eating Because I'm Bored

So I have my final Ceramics project coming up. I've decided I want to do a series of multiples, slightly modifying each particular piece. There are three options I've decided I want to try to do, and I have a poll on the right of this blog that you guys can vote on whichever you think is the most interesting/effective/cool/etc.

In no particular order:

  • Birds - The Phoenix is a Greek mythological creature (or Harry Potter, depending on your religion) that symbolizes rebirth, fire, the sun, reincarnation, etc. This would be a serious of numerous phoenix-like birds, hung by fishing wire, arranged to ascend upwards.
  • Ladybugs - Often represents luck, prosperity, or just good fortune. This would just be a bunch of lady bugs sitting on top of a large leaf, perhaps a few trailing off of the leaf.
  • Goldfish - Kamohoalii, the Hawaiian shark god, is said to swim around ships lost at sea and help guide them back to land. This is interesting to me because in Digimon, Gomamon has a move called Marching Fishes in which he summons lots of fish and they often form a net/raft to help the kids (Yeah I just made that reference). This would be a school of goldfish, also hanging from fishing wire, perhaps with one in the lead painted a different color to symbolize Kamohoalii. MAYBE I would add a boat or something above the school of fish, but I'm not sure yet. 
So those are three ideas I have. Any other ideas anyone might have, let me hear them, but also know I can't do a subject 'just because it looks cool'. I have to have some sort of meaning or inspiration behind it. If you guys could vote on the poll on which idea sounds the best I would greatly appreciate it.

Meanwhile I'm having social/emotional issues but I'm not going to talk about them because I've been taking them out on my art, which is convenient and nice. 

Deuces,
Peener

No comments:

Post a Comment