Monday, October 14, 2013

I promise

I'm not on some crazy "I'm so proud to be Canadian" kick. Today just HAPPENS to be the Canadian Thanksgiving, and I just SO HAPPENED to think of a funny Canadian joke the other day (That got TWO status shares. Go me) and I just HAPPEN to drinking Molson's Canadian and the song from 7th grade that my classmates wrong just SO HAPPENED to pop into my head. That was based on Canadians.

Canasian Pride indeed.

So I should be sad that I'm drinking beer, sitting at home alone playing Pokemon X. But I'm at home, drinking beer and playing Pokemon X. I'm goddamn ecstatic. Also I've been feverishly replaying these three songs:
  • "Royals" by Lorde
  • "Wake Me Up" by Avicci
  • "Radioactive In The Dark" Fall Out Boy/Imagine Dragons remix.
Don't worry, I'll be sick of them in a few days.

So oh my God. So far Pokemon X has blown my mind. It's amazingly easy to trade/battle with friends online now (and random people across the globe!). The graphics are BEAUTIFUL. My only gripe is the always-on roller blades. As much as I love Jet Set Radio Future, just like in that game, it's frustrating trying to navigate with roller blades. 
  • It's finally in 3D
  • Character customization
  • Mega Evolutions (Ahem, Digimon anyone?)
  • You can sit on benches
  • You get to ride a Rhyhorn
  • You mom actually has a bedroom in the house you live in. 
  • You can sit on benches
  • No really. Benches.
I don't know why the last bit gets me so excited. Also, just the graphics and minor details make me giggle. When your character talks to someone tall, he/she looks up at them. When they talk to a little kid, THEY KNEEL DOWN AND PUT THEIR HANDS ON THEIR KNEES OH MY GOD IT'S SO CUTE I COULD VOMIT.

Also you get to pick a Kanto starter later in the game. And it's actually quite Kanto-Pokemon heavy, for you GenWunners.

When I get drunk I talk about Pokemon. Maybe I should stop blogging.

Happy Thanksgiving!
-Peener

No comments:

Post a Comment