Friday, December 20, 2013

Shitstorm

SO I've been reading a lot about this Phil(?) dude from Duck Dynasty that was like 'mens and womens not mens and mens' (give or take) and then A & E suspended him. Is it because he's Christian? No. What happened was an employer saw an employee publicly representing them and stating a sentiment that they felt would not go over well with the public, so they choice to suspend them. So what if the Duck Dynasty show completely stops airing? I promise you, those guys are not struggling financially. This is not a discrimination, this could possibly be a legitimate contract violation. It's not a 'freedom of speech' thing, and besides, you have freedom of speech, not freedom from consequences of said speech. If you worked for AT&T and when talking to a customer said 'Yeah but I totally love Satan and sacrificing lambs' they would be able to terminate you not because of your belief (besides, have you sacrificed a lamb before? It's DELICIOUS), but it's because you put that opinion out WHILE representing your employer, and they don't want that image. Tough shit.

Why are they rich again? Duck harmonicas?

Anyways, /endrant /startnewrant

My apartment complex is being demolished. I have until January 31st to evacuate. Which is you know, awesome, also right in the middle of my final and busiest quarter at DU. But the lease says they only need to give a 30 day notice for this sort of thing, and they technically gave me 42, so I'm sort of on my own finding a new place. Hooray.

Also this vacation back in Texas isn't quite what I was expecting. I'm still enjoying it, but it's full of it's own disappointments and let downs. I kind of can't wait to go back to Denver again.

No comments:

Post a Comment